- What is BS 7533?
- Where is my nearest Ultrascape stockist?
- What is the minimum order quantity for Ultrascape products?
- Which Ultrascape product do I need to order?
- How much Ultrascape product do I need?
- Will Flowpoint flowable grout stain my paving?
- What is the best method for cleaning Flowpoint off the paving surface?
- What is the best way to mix my bedding material?
- What is the best way to mix my primer and Flowpoint paving grout?
- Why do I now need to use a primer (Ultrascape Pro-Prime)?
- What is the difference between Flowpoint and Pro-Bed HS, and Flowpoint ECO and Pro-Bed HS ECO?
- How quickly can I walk on paving once it has been laid?
- How quickly can I drive on my paving once it has been laid?
- What coloured paving grout do you offer?
- How do I joint my patio or driveway?
1. What is BS 7533?
Back to top↑
BS 7533 is the British Standard for “Pavements Constructed with Clay, Natural Stone or concrete pavers". There are a number of parts to this standard all of which can be purchased from British Standards Institute.
For advice please contact a member of the Ultrascape team on +44(0)1827 871871
2. Where is my nearest Ultrascape stockist?
Ultrascape products are distributed to contractors, local authorities and specialised merchants throughout the UK and Northern Ireland, and are also available through many global distributors in Europe and the rest of the world. It would be very difficult for us to list all our stockists on this site, so please feel free to call our Sales Team on +44(0)1827 871871 for further information.Back to top↑
3. What is the minimum order quantity for Ultrascape products?
For all Instarmac products, we have a minimum order of £300 for free carriage/delivery. Our Ultrascape Delivery Guarantee is set at a standard of 5 working days. Of course, earlier deliveries can also be arranged at an extra cost.Back to top↑
4. Which Ultrascape product do I need to order?
Of course there are many key factors in selecting the correct Ultrascape product for your project. Please feel free to call our team on +44(0)1827 871871 for our advice. For a quick reference we also produce a Product Guide Selector which is available from our downloads sectionBack to top↑
5. How much Ultrascape product do I need?
To help ascertain how much Ultrascape product you will need to order, we have placed easy online PRODUCT CALCULATORS on this site. These are available through the Ultrascape homepage, or via the 'Downloads' tab.
Please note that the easy excel calculator is intended for guidance only when calculating how much product you will need. Please always contact us on +44(0)1827 871871 for more detailed technical guidance and advice on quantities.Back to top↑
6. Will Flowpoint flowable grout stain my paving?
Flowpoint, rapid setting flowable paving grout, will not stain paving regardless of type (natural stone or precast stone) as long as manufacturer’s guidelines are followed.Back to top↑
7. What is the best method for cleaning Flowpoint off the paving surface?
Once Flowpoint, rapid setting flowable paving grout, has stiffened in the joint (15 minutes at 20 degrees) use either a hose or power washer set to medium and wash any excess from the surface. You must ensure all material is removed from the surface at this stage.Back to top↑
8. What is the best way to mix my bedding material?
Use a forced action mixer. Water should be added until your mix is moist. A quick on site test to check your water content: - Form a ball by squeezing material in your hand, throw this ball 2 feet in the air and catch. If the ball retains its shape then the moisture content is correct. If the ball breaks apart then there is insufficient water to hydrate the high percentage of cement. Insufficient water content can dramatically affect performance.Back to top↑
9. What is the best way to mix my primer and Flowpoint paving grout?
Using a gorilla tub or suitable mixing vessel, add the required amount of water as indicated on the bag, then with a drill & paddle to mix the product slowly add the contents of the bag and keep mixing until a smooth lump free consistency is achieved.Back to top↑
10. Why do I now need to use a primer (Ultrascape Pro-Prime)?
It now states within the BS 7533 standard, the bond / adhesion between the paving element and laying course must be greater than 2N/mm². This can only be achieved by priming the underside of your paving element to a thickness of between 1-2mm with Ultrascape Pro-Prime slurry primer.Back to top↑
11. What is the difference between Flowpoint and Pro-Bed HS, and Flowpoint ECO and Pro-Bed HS ECO?
The only difference, simply, is that Flowpoint ECO and Pro-Bed HS ECO contain 20% recycled glass. This does not affect performance in any way. Both products still comply fully with BS7533.Back to top↑
12. How quickly can I walk on paving once it has been laid?
Back to top↑
- Ultrascape Pro-bed HS, fine bedding concrete, will accept foot traffic in 12 hours
- Ultrascape Flowpoint, rapid setting flowable paving grout, will accept foot traffic in 1 hour
- Ultrascape Cempoint, gun injected mortar, will accept foot traffic in 12 hours
13. How quickly can I drive on my paving once it has been laid?
Back to top↑
- Ultrascape Pro-bed HS, fine bedding concrete, will accept vehicle traffic in 24 hours
- Ultrascape Flowpoint, rapid setting flowable paving grout, will accept vehicle traffic in 4 hour
- Ultrascape Cempoint, Gun Injected Mortar, will accept vehicle traffic in 24 hours
14. What coloured paving grout do you offer?
- Flowpoint – Natural Grey & Charcoal
- Cempoint – Natural
Special colours are available on request. PLEASE NOTE: special colours are subject to a minimum order quanity, feel free to contact our Sales Team on +44 (0)1827 871871 for further information.Back to top↑
15. How do I joint my patio or driveway?
'Do-it-yourself' and professional contractors can spend hours or even days pointing relatively small areas of paving using a pointing trowel applying a wet cement and sand mix into paving joints - it is an intricate method that requires a steady hand and a lot of patience.
Back to top↑
Another widely used methods is brushing in a dry mix, often left to set naturally using dampness absorbed from the surrounding materials. Unfortunately, dry mixes can leave weaknesses due to a lack of compression and may crumble easily.
Expensive vacuum packed air cured compounds are an alternative - exposure to air begins the curing process but this often shortens workability period.
Very few of these traditional methods can guarantee a joint that won’t crack and deteriorate or allow water ingress that can lead to freeze and thaw failure of the joint. At points where joints fail, weeds and grass can easily establish themselves further weakening the joint and leaving the paving unsightly.
Today's market demands a low cost, long lasting rapid-set solution. Our non-shrink pre-blended slurry grout, Ultrascape Flowpoint, only requires the addition of water.
Once a driveway or patio is laid, the pre-blended product is mixed to a very runny consistency and is simply poured over the area needing to be pointed. A brush is simply used to move any excess material into the joints. After a delay of about fifteen minutes, the excess is washed away using a hose.
Our product has been used at numerous prestigious schemes where durability, strength and style, as well as labour time matters, please contact our Sales Team for case studies on +44 (0)1827 871871.